Telnet access via WWW

Michael Haseltine haseltin at ag.Arizona.EDU
Thu Nov 2 22:09:18 EST 1995

At 08:43 PM 11/2/95 -0800, you wrote:
>I asked the same question in some other groups. Haven't heard anything
>back yet.  So I began to test it myself, with no success.  I'ved tried
>the following. Don't laugh. :-)
>
>application/telnet
>application/terminal
>telnet/terminal
>terminal/telnet
>
>and some other strange combinations.

I don't hink you can set it up this way. It needs to be a supporting
application, like the section in versions 1.22 and earlier. They seem to
have left that out of v. 2.0b1!! You can still add something like
Telnet=C:\NET\EWAN\EWAN.EXE in the [Viewers] section of netscape.ini by
hand. I only figured this out because mine launched ewan appropriately, so I
went looking for how it knew what to launch. I have been telling new version
of netscape to not overwrite the .ini file upon installation.

>Now I began to suspect that in rushing out this so buggy 2.0 beta (we
>are talking about the windows version), they forgot something. :-)
>
>Jian
>Indiana University Libraries

Michael Haseltine -- Office of Arid Lands Studies, University of Arizona
haseltin at ag.arizona.edu