Using database software to create HTML documents

Robert H. Terry rhterry at RBSE.Mountain.Net
Thu Nov 2 13:36:43 EST 1995

Actually, we are scheduled to do same after our Oracle product release in
Dec. of this year.  The tool will store index information (metadata)
about holdings (i.e. book, papers, etc.) in the database and generate
on-the-fly real-time HTML pages. All of which can be searched and browsed
by users in a variety of manners.  The architectual premise is to provide
a DBMS layer to all WWW HTML based browsers (for Administrators and
Users).   Our main concern are the loss in performance and functionality
consequently moving to PC based environment for the tool.  Oracle on Sun,
HPs, AIX, etc. has a lot to offer for the Server side.  I would
appreciate other's opinions on this case.

Thanks, Bob Terry
http://rbse.mountain.net/MOREplus/