ADOBE PageMill (fwd)

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.ohiolink.edu
Fri Dec 15 16:27:46 EST 1995

>The authors of HotDog make some arguments for <center>. I've seen equally
>persuasive arguments against it. The fundamental judgement I make in such
>matters is that the markup defined in the HTML 'standard' is more likely to
>be around in 10 years than anything invented by Netscape, Microsoft, IBM,
>Sun...

I've never seen anything terribly persuasive about <CENTER>, and I even get
the sense Netscape wishes they had held off and implemented it as
ALIGN=CENTER.  After all, if they support <CENTER> and ALIGN=CENTER, and if
they support ALIGN=RIGHT, then why is there no corresponding <RIGHT> tag?

If Netscape is the OS of the future, then little glitches like that are the
640k ceiling.

Thomas Dowling
OhioLINK
tdowling at ohiolink.edu