Greetings from Russian library

webmaster at unilib.unilib.neva.ru webmaster at unilib.unilib.neva.ru
Fri Dec 15 03:59:56 EST 1995

Hello, library world,
Here is the Fundamental library of St.Petersburg Technical university (former
Leningrad Polytechnical unstitute).
We appeared in the Internet only six months ago. We were surprised
finding so friendly and hospitably library community in the Internet
teleconference. Still we are "passive" readers, but we have
started new library project based on the Internet technology (key words:
client-server, open systems, highspeed communications, RDBMS, ...).
It's a new work
for us and for Russia as a whole and we hope for you advise and help.
We are the first library in Russia connecting
to Internet via fiber optics.
You are welcome to http://www.unilib.neva.ru

Merry Christmas and Happy New year!

Best greeting to everyone from St.Petersburg, Russia!

                               Executive director of
                               Open Library Systems Center
                               Alexander Plemnek
                               email:plm at unilib.unilib.neva.ru