Dylan, a JAVA replacement?

Bruce Gilbert, Avatar of Library Systems BRUCE at LIB.DRAKE.EDU
Thu Dec 14 13:18:52 EST 1995

From: Robert MacKimmie <rm at calhist.org>
>Stan Kasper says:
>I heard that like Taligent, Apple Computer has pulled funding for
>DYLAN.

<dilbert>
Yes, but I heard that OS2 is coming out with a new service, an answer
to both Java and Dylan and the partridge in a pear tree.  It's
called Latte'Latte'OxNFree. The service has no features yet, and
there are no plans to add any, but just *thinking* about it could
cause Bill Gates's head to explode.

No announcement on any library applications so far.
</dilbert>
Season's greetings!

--
 Bruce Gilbert       http://www.drake.edu/bgil/www/bruce/bruce.html
"God save us from a state where everyone goes around imitating lawyers."