How about some Library Applets ?

Allan Bell BELL at library.uta.edu
Fri Dec 8 15:23:31 EST 1995

One of the best "library" applets I have seen and played with is
HotSIBIL (HotJava browser: http://www.unige.ch/hotjava/HotSIBIL.html
- it is available at Gamelan). It is a 3270 emulator, but has some
very useful enhancements such as memorization of previous searches
and explored paths.

Using HotSIBIL as a guide, it is really not a very large step to
imagine a Z39.50 applet.  Maybe it would use a gateway or client
that has already been or is being developed, but it probably could
be done as an applet.  If someone wrote an applet that could accept
configurations for attibutes and structures for multiple databases
or OPACs, we would have a very compelling product indeed.

allan

 Allan Bell - Systems Librarian - University of Texas at Arlington
Box 19497 Arlington Texas 76019-0497 - 817-273-3174 - fax 817-794-5797
                        bell at library.uta.edu
                     http://www.uta.edu/library/