Java browser for Windows 3.1x

Michael Alan Dorman mdorman at caldmed.med.miami.edu
Fri Dec 8 09:13:39 EST 1995

On Thu, 7 Dec 1995, Bill Crosbie wrote:
> browsers that will let them interact with the applets.  I am fairly certain
> that Java is a close relative of the C++ programming language, although
> stripped down a bit, and with added network security features.

Well, I suspect the developers would prefer "streamlined" to "stripped
down".

I, too, am curious how it's going to bring Microsoft to its knees --- I
mean, it's an interesting programming language, and it has some
interesting capabilities, but so far the neatest thing I've seen is a 3-d
wireframe Tetris that you can spin around in real-time, and many of the
available applets seem to focus around animating things (from simple
animation to YASI (Yet Another Spinnable Image).  While quite neat, I
don't suppose Microsoft is quaking.

Of course, my soothsaying skills have always been, at best, imperfect.

Mike.
--
Michael Alan Dorman                                   Head of Systems
mdorman at caldmed.med.miami.edu           Louis Calder Memorial Library