finding info on the Web

Ilene Frank (REF) ifrank at dudley.lib.usf.edu
Tue Dec 5 22:19:45 EST 1995

Rebecca, I have a story for you (and other readers.) I met up with a very
helpful HELP-NET participant last year.  After watching him answer lots of
questions for others, he finally asked for the group for help concerning a
research paper of his own.  The stuff HAD to be at his library - which
turned out to be at the University of New Mexico(!!!!  See Rebecca's
address below)

After some email interchanges and me telnetting to UNM to
check out my hunch - lo and behold - everything he needed was right down
the street!  It turned out he had NO IDEA there were so many cool
resources at his home institution.  I've been doing long-distance
reference service with him ever since.  And he's become a great fan of
libraries.  Do you want him?  He's finishing up a 20 page paper for a
german history class this week.

The moral of the story?  Sometimes people act on their own because they
haven't got a clue?

Ilene Frank, ifrank at lib.usf.edu
Tampa Campus Library, Reference Dept.
University of South Florida