Java in Business Week

Roy Tennant rtennant at library.berkeley.edu
Tue Dec 5 16:57:18 EST 1995

The cover story of this week's issue of Business Week (December 4, 1995,
p.78-90) is called "The Software Revolution". Three guesses what it is
about. Whether you agree with what proponents say or not, the article
makes it clear that it is very much a high-stakes game. When the dust
settles, we may all be using Java or Blackbird. But then again, maybe
we'll all be stuck with perl...meanwhile no one is asking my opinion (nor
yours, I would hazard a guess), so our job is to stay nimble.
Roy Tennant
rtennant at library.berkeley.edu