Synonyms needed from Library Scientist

Robert H. Terry rhterry at RBSE.Mountain.Net
Mon Dec 4 12:15:37 EST 1995

Hi all,

I am a Software Engineer (formerly called Computer Scientist) and work
with a repository of sofwtare assets.  We catalogue the assets using
metadata applicable to the type of item it is.  Thus, if it is code, it
would have attributes like Language, Lines Of Code (LOC), and Platform.
We are attempting to use the tool for a physical library abstraction
(interface) and need help in nomenclature.  Specifically would like ideas
or synonyms (if they exist) for the following:

1. Class - term used to define the type of an asset.

2. Collection - term used to define the subject area of an asset.

3. Attribute - term used for individual parts of metadata.

4. Metadata - data used to describe an asset.

5. Asset - repository holding which needs to be described.

6. Domain Analysis - process used to determine the Collections, Classes,
   and Keywords for a particular domain via literary warrant.

Well, thanks in advance for any/all efforts in this matter.  If anyone is
interested I will be more than happy to share results, so feel free to
request same via email.

Bob Terry