We still _need_ each other... (Was Oregon again...)

Boyd R. Collins bcollins at epix.net
Fri Dec 1 17:49:56 EST 1995

I think Bill Crosbie was trying to make exactly the same point - that only
through partnering can computer scientists make interfaces that are truly
easy-to-use.  In fact, he seemed to be arguing precisely against the
position that computer scientists should design everything in isolation from
the end user.  But it is overlooked all too often that this requires a
certain commitment on the part of the end-user - to be sensitive to the
limitations of current technology, as well as to take an interest in
human-computer interface design issues that may occasionally overflow the
strict bounds of the job description.

http://www.umsl.edu/~silvest/index.html (314) 516-5059
>Univ of Missouri-St. Louis, Thomas Jefferson Library - Reference
>My writings do not reflect the official position of UMSL.
>Commercial use of this electronic message is prohibited without specific
consent. Permission for unlimited non-commercial use is hereby given.

Boyd R. Collins, Automation Manager, The Libraries
Mansfield University
Mansfield PA 16933
(717) 662-4668
(717) 662-4993 FAX