Question on implementing scripts and programs thru WWW????

Peter Murray pem at po.CWRU.Edu
Wed Dec 27 10:43:11 EST 1995

On Tue, 26 Dec 1995, David G. Risner wrote:
> You should make sure that the very first thing you send to stdout is the
> line:

> This is the Mime header for an html file.  It tells the server what you
> are serving up.

Actually, more accurately, you should send the Content-Type header
followed by a blank line:

  printf("Content-type: text/html\n\n");

And I think the "Content-type" header is telling the web browser, not the
server, the type of document that follows.

Peter
--
Peter Murray, Senior Systems Analyst                       pem at po.cwru.edu
Library Information Technologies         http://www.cwru.edu/home/pem.html