Webcam to broadcast line in library cafe?

Heather Rayl 23eris at GMAIL.COM
Fri May 9 10:50:28 EDT 2014

Hey all!

We are in the process of re-designing our website, and someone suggested
that it would be neat to have a live webcam trained on the line in the cafe
so people could see if it was busy or slow.

Initially I thought this was a great idea, however, my privacy sensors are
going off the more I think about it.

Does anyone know of a library that's running this sort of set-up? I know
that the US Fed. Gov't allows you to film public places for a CCTV feed,
but publishing said feed on the web is a completely different thing.

Also, there are creepy people in the world. Could said creepy people use
this live webcam to stalk someone?

I don't really want to take this to the university's legal counsel...

Thanks for you help and thoughts!!

~heather

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2014-05-09