VDI vs PCoIP

Chadwick, John C. ChadwickJC at CI.ANCHORAGE.AK.US
Wed Dec 11 21:38:54 EST 2013

During a discussion today, the subject of keeping up with demand for desktop computing without breaking the bank came up. The discussion moved from thin clients and the history of problems with the devices to Virtual Desktops. In doing some more research, another option out there is Zero Client or PC over IP. There seems to be a large array of options from various companies, and prices that also run from extremely reasonable to "I am afraid to ask."

I would appreciate input from others who may have explored these options and what you ultimately decided to do.

Thank you,

John Chadwick, EdD
Loussac Library
3600 Denali Street