laptop check out program

Megan O'Neill moneill at ALBION.EDU
Mon Jul 23 14:52:27 EDT 2012

1. How many laptops do you have? 10 Mac and about 20 PC laptops (we're
transitioning this fall to 5 Mac laptops and 4 iPads).
How often do you upgrade the hardware? Our replacement cycle through IT
is every 4 years.
Did you get rid of some old laptops? Yes, the old ones go back to IT.

2. What security method are you using? We have some security cameras in
the library, particularly near the doors, but we also have a short
checkout period (4 hours) and students have to give up major collateral
- their ID/keycard or car keys - in order to check a laptop out. We
don't have any problems with students failing to bring them back,
although they sometimes keep them past their due time.

Megan

--
Megan O'Neill
Web Services & Emerging Technologies Librarian