[Web4lib] Web-based Collaborative Annotation Software

Alnisa Allgood alnisa at nonprofit-tech.org
Mon Sep 12 07:35:50 EDT 2011

I haven't used in library services, but have used on research projects—
Diigo: http://www.diigo.com

Diigo. Within it you create a single project for the entire collection or
break the project down by author, researcher or some other criteria. You can
create workgroups, and have both public and private commentary and
information. I don't do a lot of collaborative research, but have used it
for a couple projects in the last year, year and a half and thought it
worked very well.

I liked, not only being able to share the page and comments, but to
highlight, create sticky notes, dialog around the information, but I really
loved using the 'archive' or snapshot function, which would save the web
page— helpful for pages that may disappear in the future.

Alnisa

Alnisa Allgood
Executive Director
Nonprofit Tech