[Web4lib] joomla?

Chadwick, John, DCA john.chadwick at state.nm.us
Fri May 6 11:08:53 EDT 2011

I work with Joomla at the NM State Library as well as our church web site. I have not gone with version 1.6 yet. Version 1.6 of Joomla is a bit easier. Instead of Sections and Categories there are only categories. The hierarchical structure of Joomla 1.0 and 1.5 can be difficult for non technical people.

We have good content people managing content on both sites and we have good tech people. The church web site uses many add-ons.

Another CMS that doesn't get mentioned often, but is very good, is ModX.

John Chadwick
John.Chadwick at state.nm.us
http://www.nmstatelibrary.org
(my non-profit site is http://www.uusantafe.org).