[Web4lib] capturing user searches and ebsco's search widget

Melissa Belvadi mbelvadi at upei.ca
Fri Mar 25 15:55:12 EDT 2011

Hi,
We have a few different search boxes on our web site, to provide
instant-search to our catalogue, our journal A-to-Z list, and a mix of
EBSCO databases using code that EBSCO provides. In the first two cases,
we have a simple php program that captures the search string and throws
it into a simple mysql table (we use Drupal so it's just a custom table
in the same database that the entire site uses) for usability purposes -
we want to make sure people are putting the right kinds of searches into
the right search boxes. But we can't figure out how to do that with the
EBSCO javascript code.

Has anyone figured out how to add search-string-capturing on top of the
EBSCO code?

Thanks!

---
Melissa Belvadi
Emerging Technologies & Metadata Librarian
University of Prince Edward Island
mbelvadi at upei.ca
902-566-0581