[Web4lib] Library Science rankings

Zachary Newell znewell at salemstate.edu
Thu Mar 17 14:34:56 EDT 2011

I never knew there were rankings for Library Science programs.  There was a recent article in the February 14 and 21, 2011 issue of The New Yorker by Malcolm Gladwell "The Order of Things: The problem with college rankings."  Gladwell effectively and efficiently outlines what exactly is wrong with the US News college ranking system.

Here is an abstract of the article, although you will need to be a subscriber to access the full-text of the article.  http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2011/02/14/110214fa_fact_gladwell

Zach

Zachary Newell
Humanities Librarian