[Web4lib] Library WordPress Hosting

Mutch, Andrew AMutch at twp.waterford.mi.us
Tue Mar 8 21:38:22 EST 2011

Chris,

I've hosted Jen Swan's "Reading Rants" WP site on DreamHost for the past
4 years. We've been running around  500,000 requests per month for the
past year (each page view includes a lot of book covers which runs up
the total request numbers). We've only had a handful of times when the
site went completely down or was running extremely slow and all of those
outages were resolved promptly. DreamHost's tech suppport is pretty good
and I only had one support session that went more than a day when they
had multiple servers fail at once. I use their basic package and that
runs a little under $10 per month for hosting. They also throw in a
domain registration for free.

http://www.dreamhost.com/hosting.html

Because I'm able to host multiple sites on a single account, my hosting
cost per site actually is much less than $10/ month and it's nice being
able to manage all the sites including the databases from a single web
site. I think this is pretty typical for most hosting services these
days but because I've been happy with DH, I haven't had to look around.

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Technician
Waterford Township Public Library
Waterford, MI