[Web4lib] Library WordPress Hosting

Zoe Friedlander zfriedlander at oscars.org
Tue Mar 8 18:45:48 EST 2011

I have a small Wordpress site on a shared server at Bluehost. This is
purely anecdotal but will share it anyway--my pages were reasonably fast
to access when I first started having a site there, but in the past six
months, it's gotten much slower. I've contacted customer support several
times, and I've talked to or received emails from a number of very nice
people, but they keep telling me it's nothing to do with them and I
should contact my ISP; and when I talk to our IT guy, he tells me it
can't be something at our ISP because we're not having trouble accessing
any other sites. My site is not a blog--we're using it for shared
policies and procedures documents.

I kind of think the slowness is caused by the fact that I'm perhaps
sharing my shared host with too many other sites but it's pretty hard
(for me at least) to track anything down...however it does seem to be a
lot faster in the evening. I guess just think about how you will handle
it if you have an issue with your site and the hosting company says it's
caused by your ISP and your ISP says it must be the hosting company.