[Web4lib] Drupal 7

Louis St-Amour louisstamour at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 19:28:50 EST 2011

At Osgoode, we're using Drupal 6 because modeling with Views and
Panels, as described in the new book, Drupal Building Blocks, was
important to us, and a consultant reported that his work with Drupal
7's Views module was much harder than it would have been under Drupal
6. The module is still alpha, so it's missing quite a bit of
functionality for customization. That said, I personally prefer Drupal
7 for ease-of-use and the new database layer is like a safety blanket
against rogue modules. Highly recommend installing APC or
eAccelerator, and using an HTML5 theme. Oh, D6 is also great if you
want to begin with Open Atrium or Drupal Commons and other such
existing profiles. That said, I expect by next year most will have
upgrade paths to D7 as D8 development is underway.

Louis.

Sent from my iPhone