[Web4lib] Save Your Library - or Else #LibrariesNotRobots

Block, Carson CBlock at poudrelibraries.org
Wed Jun 29 12:22:45 EDT 2011

Yowsa!  That's the catz pajamas!

Carson

Carson Block
IT Director
Poudre River Public Library District
201 Peterson St.
Fort Collins, CO 80524
ph: (970) 221-6662
fx: (970) 221-6398
http://www.poudrelibraries.org/

-----Original Message-----
From: web4lib-bounces at webjunction.org [mailto:web4lib-bounces at webjunction.org] On Behalf Of Michael Schofield
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 9:30 AM
To: PubLib Listserv; web4lib at webjunction.org
Subject: [Web4lib] Save Your Library - or Else #LibrariesNotRobots

This morning has been pretty bizarre. In the process of preparing to teach one of my "TechSmart" workshops for teens, I ended-up making an Xtranormal video about a library-less future dominated by robots. I'm subsequently pretty giddy. So now, I'd like to ask the hive to join me in making "Save Your Library - or Else" a pro-library propaganda campaign with the official hash-tag #LibrariesNotRobots.

If dooms-day propaganda works smashingly for politicians, it probably couldn't hurt.

You can see the 45-second video here:
http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/12262515/save-your-library-or-else#

// Apologies if anyone is offended by my twitter handle, it didn't occur to me when I signed-up with OAuth that'd I'd be making this public.

Michael Schofield
@BCPL [and elsewhere]