[Web4lib] eResource Symposium & Technology Summit at MSSTATE

Clay Hill CHill at library.msstate.edu
Mon Jun 20 11:26:23 EDT 2011

Please excuse cross-postings.

Registration is now open for the Mid-South E-Resources Symposium and
Mississippi State University Libraries Emerging Technologies Summit
being held at Mississippi State University in Starkville, MS on August
11-12, 2011. Both of these day-long conferences presents a valuable
professional growth opportunity for anyone involved in developing,
maintaining and assessing a library’s electronic and technological
resources. Register for both conferences and receive a 20% discount;
NASIG members receive an additional discount.

The Mid-South E-Resources Symposium
<http://library.msstate.edu/eresource> on Thursday, August 11th will
host keynote speaker Matt Goldner, Product and Technology Advocate at
OCLC, who will discuss cloud computing and the future of libraries. Come
join us for this gathering of librarians, library staff, and library
science students, featuring a focused symposium on the use and
management of electronic resources in libraries. This event provides a
unique and affordable opportunity to enhance knowledge of issues
surrounding the acquisition, operation, collection and management of
e-resources in libraries today.

The MSU Libraries Emerging Technologies Summit <
http://library.msstate.edu/emergingtech /> on Friday, August 12th
features the role of emerging technologies in academic libraries. Are
you wondering what iPads, wireless drone quadricopters, jQTouch, and Jog
the Web have in common? Come meet our Steal-this-Idea speakers at the
Summit and find out how they are using these technologies and more to
keep our libraries innovative and relevant. Aaron Schmidt, design expert
and UX guru, will provide the touchstone for our discussions, sharing
his expertise in creating (good) user experience on the web.

We’ll see you there!

Amanda N. Price, anprice at library.msstate.edu
Karen Davidson, kdavidson at library.msstate.edu (
mailto:KDavidson at library.msstate.edu )
Co-Chair of MidSouth eResource Symposium Committee 2011

Amanda Clay Powers, apowers at library.msstate.edu
Chair, MSU Libraries Emerging Technologies Summit 2011