[Web4lib] MARS Chair's program at ALA Annual: Sun 06/26/2011 - 10:30am - 12:00pm

Larson, Carolyn clar at loc.gov
Tue Jun 14 16:50:01 EDT 2011

Join us for an exciting MARS Chair's program at ALA Annual in New Orleans!

It's All About Them: Developing Information Services with User Experience Design

Sunday, June 26, 10:30am - noon, Morial Convention Center room 269

Applying User Experience (UX) Design to your library's public services involves understanding your patrons' needs and preferences. In this session, expert panelists John Blyberg (Darien Library), Cody Hansen (University of Minnesota) and Jenny Benevento (Sears Holding Corporation) will define UX design and explain why it's important, discuss how it can help improve patrons' overall experience of library resources and services, and describe how it can be implemented in library and information service settings. With practical tips and examples, you'll be well-equipped to consider UX issues in your own library.

We'll also be announcing the winner of this year's My Favorite Martian Award.

Tweeting? Use our Twitter hashtag: #marsUX.

For more information about the panelists or the program, see the announcement at http://bit.ly/marsUX or contact the Committee Chair, Courtney Green, crgreene at indiana.edu<mailto:crgreene at indiana.edu>.

Carolyn Larson, Head Business Reference Section
Science, Technology & Business Division
Library of Congress
Washington, DC 20540

clar at loc.gov<mailto:clar at loc.gov>