[Web4lib] Best web based Project Management Software

Cary Gordon listuser at chillco.com
Sun Jul 31 20:34:55 EDT 2011

Atlassian offers academic discounts, as well as a variety of free
licenses for community and open-source projects.

The pricing you mention is for their hosted service. I don't know
anyone who uses that or if they offer discounts on it. I do know that
the server will run on almost anything and isn't difficult to install,
and, should you have difficulties, their support is ultra-responsive
and first-rate.

Cary

On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 4:02 AM, Robert Balliot <rballiot at gmail.com> wrote:
> I use Basecamp:  http://basecamphq.com/tour/
>
> Free 30 day trial for all versions.  As an externally hosted solution
> for $49 a month with unlimited users, it is somewhat less expensive than
> Cary's recommendation
>
> https://my.atlassian.com/purchase  which starts at $150 a month.  But,
> atlassian does seem like a programmer's paradise.
>
> R. Balliot
> http://oceanstatelibrarian.com
>

> On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 11:56 PM, Cary Gordon <listuser at chillco.com> wrote:
>>
>> Our weapon of choice is the Atlassian Confluence and Jira combo. If
>> you are talking Gannt and Pert chart type stuff, we avoid that.
>>
>> We really love that you can customize Confluence and Jira to your
>> hearts content, but you don't have to.
>>
>> Cary
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 11:20 AM, Don Hamilton <dhamilton at wlu.ca> wrote:
>> > Hello, oft-read list!
>> >
>> > I may be on the brink of off topic, but we are a team of five looking to
>> > manage projects in support of our ongoing evolution of digital library
>> > services.
>> >
>> > I would like comments on web based project management tools you may have
>> > used to manage your projects.
>> >
>> > Any really great ones? terrible ones? We'd prefer low-cost, and could
>> > host it ourselves if necessary.
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance!
>> >
>> > Don

>> --