[Web4lib] CA Job Opening: Systems and Web Development (Non-Tenure Track Faculty Position)
Amy.Wallace at csuci.edu
Mon Jul 25 19:01:32 EDT 2011
Systems and Web Development (Non-Tenure Track Faculty Position)
California State University, Channel Islands is seeking a non-tenure track librarian at the senior or assistant rank. The purpose of the Systems & Web Development Librarian is to provide service-oriented support for library users and staff in their use of various library systems, Library Webpage and other appropriate library technologies, and provide 10-15 hours a week of reference service and research consultations to students and faculty.
The position is responsible for the development, maintenance, and assessment of library systems and website; including the Voyager Integrated Library System, Institutional Repository (Dspace), Metalib, SFX, and RFID System. The position provides visionary leadership in the area of digital services and library systems; gives guidance on how best to incorporate social media, emerging technologies, visual streaming systems to meet student and faculty needs; performs updates and upgrades to systems as necessary while working in close collaboration with faculty, staff, and contracted vendors; and assesses the use of the library's digital collection and library technology with an eye to continuous improvement.
Required Qualifications include:
* A MLS from an ALA accredited institution in Library Science or a related field
* at least one year experience working within some aspect of library systems
* excellent service skills
* excellent analytical and organizational skills, with demonstrated ability to perform workflow analyses
* effective verbal and written communication skills
* demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students, and colleagues
* demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work independently
* flexible and forward-thinking approach to challenges and opportunities
Preferred Qualifications include:
* Experience with Voyager Integrated Library Systems, DSpace Institutional Repositories, Metalib, SFX, RFID, and web development programs
For more information on this position can be found at www.csucifacultyjobs.com<http://www.csucifacultyjobs.com>. The position is open until filled and review will begin on July 31, 2011.
More information about the Web4lib