[Web4lib] Design Considerations for Library Website

Michael Schofield mschofield at neflin.org
Fri Jul 8 10:40:09 EDT 2011

Morning everyone,

I am collaborating with a couple of other bloggers on a series about
designing library websites specifically, virtualizing services, etc. I
thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to poll the hive of librarians/designers
who've been designing in this market for a long time now. So,

What design considerations do you think are important to make when building
sites specifically geared for patrons?

Other things I'm interested in!:
What have you tried - and what failed?
Why choose one CMS over the other?

If you give me your name and a site we'll make sure to plug you on Hack Lib
School, The Geek Library (for what it's worth lol), and wherever else the
series is posted.

Thanks!

Michael Schofield | mschofield at neflin.org
www.michael-schofield.com | www.theGeekLibrary.com [new]