[Web4lib] "A truly hideous search experience"

Bruce Jensen flaco.jensen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 09:56:26 EST 2011

Great catch, Marc, thanks ("Librarians enjoy searching; everyone else enjoys
*finding,*" a great person has said...)

people often ignoring instructions/caveats near the searchbox itself (even
in some cases when they're in *bold red letters*), hence the modal dialog
screen.

And yes, the code is yours to
keep<http://www.kutztown.edu/library/labs/twinsearchdemo.htm>if you do
see something you can use in your shop.

Additional question: When it goes live, off-network users will have to log
in before they see any results from the federated search tool (not the case
with the opac of course).  Any elegantly punchy ways to note this in the
dialog box?

Bruce Jensen