[Web4lib] decentralized web content

Angela Christofferson Angela.Christofferson at spl.org
Mon Jan 10 19:24:18 EST 2011

Our library is in the process of decentralizing our web content for our public website.  Our goal is for employees throughout the Library to enter content into a content management system.

Does your library use a content management system and have a decentralized web content model?  If so, could you share your experiences and workflow?  For example, what roles (Author, Approver, Editor) have you created?  How does content move through the process?  How do you maintain standards, consistency, oversight, etc.?  Can employees post directly to your website?

Thanks in advance for sharing.

Angela Christofferson
The Seattle Public Library
Information Technology