[Web4lib] Training material for basic computer use

Harlinah Teoh HTeoh at slv.vic.gov.au
Mon Jan 10 17:57:49 EST 2011

Vicnet at the Stata Library of Victoria, Australia, produces computer and
Internet training materials in Easy English format - very simple
step-by-step text and lots of pictures. Especially useful for training
seniors, people with a disability and people with low levels of English.

http://www.vicnet.net.au/publications/25-training-materials.html

Harlinah Teoh
Senior Project Manager - Community Engagement
Vicnet, State Library of Victoria
328 Swanston St, Melbourne VIC 3000
t: (03) 8664 7400 | email: hteoh at slv.vic.gov.au

http://www.slv.vic.gov.au
http://www.vicnet.net.au

I have a request from a library for the following:

"What I need now is some help with a curriculum or handouts for the
classes. Can you point me in the direction of some good materials. We
want to start with the basics, beginning computer, beginning internet,
email, etc."

Do you have any good sites or material that you could forward to me?
Thanks in advance.

Rose M. Schooff
Technology Consultant
Library Development and Networking