[Web4lib] Skillset for new librarians

Todd Michael Grooten toddmichael at chattylibrarians.org
Tue Jan 4 23:44:06 EST 2011

I would agree with this statement as well, although I sometimes feel
like it is professional suicide to do so.  I went to one of the
"Cadillac" library schools and didn't find it that challenging.  Most of
my skills as a cataloger have been learned on the job, rather than based
on the one cataloging class I took in library school.

Todd