[Web4lib] iPad recovery

Pennsauken Public Library pennsaukenlibrary at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 4 19:26:56 EST 2011

I've experimented with the app "Find My iPad" that Thomas mentions.  It seems as though it would be useful as a theft recovery device for several reasons:
1. You can see on a map precisely where the iPad is located.  Right down to the building.
2. You can lock the iPad screen remotely from a computer as soon as you realize that it's missing.  This prevents the user from accessing anything on the iPad.
3. You can also remotely set the iPad to display a message that you have typed in from another computer (something along the lines of "This iPad must be returned to _____ Library as soon as possible.  You do not have access to use this device."
Hope this helps.
Sonora Miller

Pennsauken Free Public Library5605 N. Crescent Blvd.Pennsauken, NJ 08110(856)665-5959www.pennsaukenlibrary.org Regular hours:Monday - Thursday: 10 - 9Friday & Saturday: 10 - 6Sunday: 1 - 5
Have you "liked" the library on Facebook yet?  www.facebook.com/pennsaukenlibrary