[Web4lib] Online Informational Meetings on My Info Quest, collaborative text message reference

Lori Bell lbell927 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 4 16:49:57 EST 2011

Libraries of all types and sizes are invited to join the My Info
Quest(http://www.myinfoquest.info) collaborative SMS text messaging project,
which kicked off on July 20, 2009 and continues its growth into 2011.  My Info
Quest, the first collaborative text message reference service, will use Mosio’s
Text A Librarian (http://www.textalibrarian.com) program to provide the service
as of January 2011.   Over 60 libraries of all types from across the United
States participated in the program’s pilot phase, during which Altarama and
Gmail were used through December 2010.  My Info Quest won the Illinois Library
Association Reference Service Award in Fall 2010.

Participation requirements are minimal. A library need only staff the desk at
least two hours per week, attend online meetings and training, and participate
in evaluation activities.  The  cost to join this innovative service at this
time is $399 annually. My Info Quest is coordinated by Lori Bell, administered
by Mary-Carol Lindbloom, Executive Director of  the South Central Regional
Library Council in New York State, and evaluated by Dr. Lili Luo of the School
of Library and Information Science, San Jose State University.

An online informational session about the My Info Quest collaborative SMS-based
reference service (http://www.myinfoquest.info/) will be held in the OPAL My
Info Quest online room
(http://www.conference321.com/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rs2ed9c201df78).
Meetings will be held on Tuesday, January 11 at 9 am central/10 am Eastern/8 am
pacific and Friday January 14 at 2 pm central/3 pm Eastern/noon
pacific. Registration is not necessary.

If you would like to join, please contact Project Coordinator Lori Bell at
lbell927 at gmail.comor Project Administrator Mary-Carol Lindbloom at
mclindbloom at scrlc.org.   You will receive informational documents and an
agreement form to complete that includes your preferred hours of coverage. If
you would like to join the program’s discussion and communication group, visit
http://groups.google.com/group/InfoQuest. Visit the project’s website at
http://www.myinfoquest.info.

 Lori Bell
Lecturer