[Web4lib] New Search for the TC3 Library Catalog

Wilfred Drew DrewW at tc3.edu
Mon Feb 28 10:01:21 EST 2011

I sent this announcement out to all of the TC3 community today. I thought it might be of interest.

On March 4, 2011, the library will be implementing a new search interface for the library collection.  We aren't going with any fancy names.  The new search interface will be simply called the TC3 Library Catalog with the old one being called the TC3 Classic Library Catalog.  The classic catalog will continue to be available for those that prefer it. It will be part of the search box on our library webpage.  The new search built into that box can previewed here, TC3 Library New Search<http://www.tc3.edu/library/newsearch.asp>.  This new tool will add speed and flexibility to your searching and make it easier to find what you need.  If you have any questions, feel free to email or call me.

Features include:

*         Change libraries - select your library, Quick delivery libraries, or Worldwide libraries.

*         Limit search to - refine by format.

*         Related Subjects - search by subject.

*         Google Books previews, citation views, bibliographic utilities, RSS for searches, and Permalinks

*         Google Preview - link to available Full Text or Partial Text.

*         Cite This, Ref/Works, EndNote - citing services.

*         "Get It" - IDS/ILL request button that includes availability check of your library, click into your catalog, and delivery estimates.

*         RSS - RSS of your search.

New features are being developed and will be added as they reach production.  Workshops will be offered over the next few weeks to help you make full use of the new TC3 Library Catalog.  Stay tuned for announcements.

Wilfred (Bill) Drew, M.S., B.S., A.S.
Assistant Professor
Librarian, Systems and Tech Services/Electronic Resources/Serials
Tompkins Cortland Community College  (TC3) Library:
http://www.tc3.edu/library/
Dryden, N.Y. 13053-0139
Follow the library: http://twitter.com/TC3Library
E-mail: dreww at tc3.edu<mailto:dreww at tc3.edu>
Phone: 607-844-8222 ext.4406
AIM/SKYPE/Twitter:BillDrew4
SMS/TXT Me: 6072960358
Online Identity: http://unhub.com/BillDrew
Strengths: Ideation, Input, Learner, Command, Analytical
http://www.facebook.com/billdrew
PPlease consider the environment before printing this e-mail or document.