[Web4lib] GIS projects - who's doing what and with what tools ?

Brown, Elizabeth ebro at loc.gov
Thu Feb 3 09:51:58 EST 2011

Hi all,

In preparation for some internal information briefings about Geospatial Information System tools and applications, I've been asked to find some interesting projects in which libraries are engaging GIS tools, particularly those associated with research projects or that will facilitate research in some way.

If you prefer, you may reply to me directly and I will summarize for the list.

So....

1. What are your projects?  Anything online so we can take a look?

2. What software are you using to create them?

3. Please share your thoughts about the process and about the tools you've tried.

Thanks.

Elizabeth

***

Elizabeth L. Brown, MLS