[Web4lib] Wish list for multi touch technology

Thomas Bennett bennetttm at appstate.edu
Tue Aug 16 14:10:10 EDT 2011

I would like all of the apps written for a platform to work on all hardware
that runs that platform.  For instance, I would like all my Android apps on my
Droid X phone to be available to run my Motorola Zoom.  Although the
capability is already there.

  Issue #03 of SmartDeveloper magazine, a new publication, does have a nice
article on making apps more compatible across different hardware for Android.
FYI, this publication is not specific to Android but includes "Mobile
Programming Solutions" also for Bada, Blackberry, IOS, WEBOS, and Windows
Phone 7.

Thomas

On Monday 15 August 2011 17:17:27 Regina Koury wrote:
> Hello,
>

> Apologies for  the cross posting.
>

> If you are using multi touch  technology in your library (iPads or other
> tablets,  Microsoft Surface, etc.) what would be on your wish list of
> features to have:  more special aps, compatibility with other gadgets, 3G
>  as a standard feature  etc.?  Or if you are happy with everything, please
>  share too and I'd gladly summarize for the list.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Regina
>

> Regina Koury
>
> Electronic Resources Librarian
>
> Eli M. Oboler Library
>
> Idaho State University
>
> 850 S. 9th Avenue, Stop 8089
>
> Pocatello, ID 83209
>
> (208) 282-4582

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett           Appalachian State University
Operations & Systems Analyst            P O Box 32026
University Library                                Boone, North Carolina 28608
(828) 262 6587

Library Systems Help Desk: https://www.library.appstate.edu/help/