[Web4lib] Best web based Project Management Software

Hagedon, Mike hagedonm at u.library.arizona.edu
Tue Aug 9 15:14:22 EDT 2011

We have a bit of experience.

We're very early into our migration to Redmine from Trac, so I couldn't give a detailed review. But I am very impressed with Redmine so far, though I haven't used Jira or Basecamp or anything else other than Trac. I don't know how it would work for non-software-related projects, but for software projects I have found myself only sometimes wishing it could do something else, and none of those things were deal-breakers. Overall it is making rethink our development processes because some of its features spark ideas that had never occurred to me before (like ticket workflows based on role and ticket type).