[Web4lib] XSL / XSLT training or tutorials?

Thomas Krichel krichel at openlib.org
Thu Apr 7 10:46:59 EDT 2011

  Caitlin Nelson writes

> Can anyone make a recommendation as to XSL or XSLT training, online
> tutorials, or other educational opportunities?  We have staff here who would
> love to do an in-person class or webinar, but the few resources we've found
> so far seem rather expensive (e.g. $1000+ for a 2-day online webinar).
> We've tried a few of the online tutorials (e.g. w3schools), but they don't
> get as in-depth as we need for our materials.

  I learned XSLT 1.0 from an older medium known as a book. "XSLT
  Programmer's Reference 2nd Edition" is its title, by Michael
  H. Kay. It is now cheap because it is an old book. It's a very good
  book if you are familiar with XML to start with. Still it took
  my a few weeks to get into XSLT, even though, or maybe because,
  I am good at learning procedural languages.

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                    http://openlib.org/home/krichel
                                http://authorclaim.org/profile/pkr1
                                               skype: thomaskrichel