[Web4lib] web hosting question

Mitchell, Erik mitcheet at wfu.edu
Tue Sep 28 14:43:53 EDT 2010

There is always Amazon EC2.  I am not sure if there is a pre-built server
with these items added but it could be a good place to start.  One thing
that sold my library on Amazon is that they were one of the few companies
willing to provide an SLA regarding their service.

As an aside I use host monster for my personal account & really like it.  I
do not have ruby running on it but I do have php/mysql/python/django
running.

Erik

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 1:53 PM, Stewart Baker <stewart.c.baker at gmail.com>wrote:

> I use hostmonster--I'm pretty sure it supports all that and it's definitely
> reliable.  Fairly cheap, too.  Unless you get an enormous number of
> hits/bandwidth, the $6/mo plan should be more than sufficient.  It has
> unlimited bandwidth, disk space, e-mails, and lets you deal with quite a
> lot
> of databases.
>
> URL is http://www.hostmonster.com/
>
> Stewart Baker
> web services / reference
> Cal State Dominguez Hills library

Erik Mitchell, Ph.D.
Assistant Director for Technology Services
Z. Smith Reynolds Library
Wake Forest University
http://erikmitchell.info