[Web4lib] Koha

Nicole Engard nengard at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 17:11:45 EDT 2010

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 4:50 PM, Ross Singer <rossfsinger at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd also be interested to know if anybody knows how difficult it would
> be to migrate off of LEK onto either a locally hosted Koha instance or
> another vendor hosted implementation.  If it is especially difficult,
> then, yes, Thomas, your calls for buyer beware would be highly
> justified.

I personally haven't done one of these (yet) but what I know is that
the database structure has been reworked in LEK and so tables that are
standard in Koha are different in LEK (and there are new tables as
well), so probably not super easy to make the migration, but not
completely impossible because the database is still MySQL - certainly
not as hard as going from a proprietary system to Koha in the first
place - I would guess.

Thanks
Nicole C. Engard