[Web4lib] From CFP-CSC SPAM! - IJCN Call For Paper

CFP- CSC Journals cfp at cscjournals.org
Thu Sep 16 17:12:14 EDT 2010

Dear Cary,

Please note that it is not a spam!! We have clearly stated that CSC Journals
has adopted Open Access Publication Policy. There are always two types of
publication policies.

1. Open Access - where author bear publication charges and once paper is
published, it will be available to everyone without paying any access
charges.

2. Subscription Based - where journal publishes the paper without any
charges but readers have to pay the subscription fee to access the paper.

Almost all journals are generating the revenue whether they publish as open
access or subscription.

In my view, Open Access is a reasonable way to disseminate the published
content to large research community and it is beneficial to everyone since
through only a small fee, the paper is accessable for everyone and for a
lifetime.

However for subscription based, only author does not pay but rest everyone
pay to access it in form of subscription. In other words,
journals/publishers generate more revenue through subscription based since
for a single paper, if there are 10 people to download, then 10
subscriptions a publisher get which is more costly as compared to
single-time publication fee.

Lastly, we do provide small research grants to deserving authors. For almost
every issue, we publish approximately 10-15 papers without publication fee.

The main goal of CSC Journals is to promote the research and researchers by
taking minimal fee so that everyone can bear. By no means we intend to act a
"pay to publish" since our paper rejection percentage is more than 50%.

Please feel free to contact any of our Editor-in-Chief  if you need further
clarafications.

Sincerely,
CFP-CSC Journals, Computer Science Journals
M-3-19, Plaza Damas, Sri Hartamas
50480, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Phone: +603 6207 1607
Fax: 00603 6201 1664