[Web4lib] SPAM! - IJCN Call For Paper

Bob Duncan duncanr at lafayette.edu
Wed Sep 15 14:25:06 EDT 2010

At 01:19 PM 9/15/2010, you wrote:
>I disagree that this is spam. It is an open access journal, and many open
>access journals, including those managed by the Public Library of Science
>[1] charge publishing fees.

Not to mention for-fee journals whose publishers allow authors to
make an article open access for a fee, nor the time-honored practice
of page charges/fees that many "regular" journals require.  (I've
seen research grant funding reports that include line items for page
charges, so it can't be all that uncommon.)

Bob Duncan

Robert E. Duncan
Systems Librarian
Editor of IT Communications