[Web4lib] ebook readers/mp3 players FAQ pages for libraries

Wilfred Drew DrewW at tc3.edu
Mon Sep 13 14:01:28 EDT 2010

I have been tasked with drafting a FAQ page covering ebook readers (specifically the Nook) and MP3 players (for audio books) that are now being loaned by our library.  The FAQ would be linked out of the web opac (in the 856 field) for each title on the Nook or mp3 player and also from other locations.  Has anyone done this, especially for an academic library?  We have 5 Nooks we started lending out for two hour loans today.  We also have four Sansa Fuze MP3 players for audio books.

Wilfred (Bill) Drew, M.S., B.S., A.S.
Assistant Professor
Librarian, Systems and Tech Services/Electronic Resources/Serials
Tompkins Cortland Community College  (TC3) Library:
http://www.tc3.edu/library/
Dryden, N.Y. 13053-0139
Follow the library: http://twitter.com/TC3Library
E-mail: dreww at tc3.edu<mailto:dreww at tc3.edu>
Phone: 607-844-8222 ext.4406
AIM/SKYPE/Twitter:BillDrew4
SMS/TXT Me: 6072960358
Online Identity: http://unhub.com/BillDrew
Strengths: Ideation, Input, Learner, Command, Analytical
http://www.facebook.com/people/Bill_Drew/

PPlease consider the environment before printing this e-mail or document.