[Web4lib] Desktop Cataloguing Software

Jesse Ephraim jephraim at roanoketexas.com
Thu Oct 7 15:57:37 EDT 2010

That's probably the way I would do it, in that situation.

For something like what you are describing, I would just have her put
them in Excel, or even use Access with an entry form, then follow the
rest of the steps that David indicated.

For my personal collection of books (at home) I put the data into
LibraryThing, since much of the basic cataloging work has already been
done (for most titles) by other people.  I just fill in any other
information I need and correct anything that looks wrong.  Then I export
to .csv and go from there.

Jesse Ephraim

Director, Roanoke Public Library
308 S. Walnut