[Web4lib] Kindle lending

Robert Balliot rballiot at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 18:29:57 EST 2010

But, if you own the *book* where is the problem?  In fact, marginalia by
famous folks make common works more valuable to collectors.

I was perusing circulating PS in the Rockefeller Library at Brown U. and
came across a book (I don't recall the title) that had been owned by Moses
Brown <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moses_Brown_(Providence)>. He had made
notes (marginalia) and you could experience his use, his interpretation, his
feelings for the book.  It was moved to special collections to preserve not
the work, but the history.

Will dog-eared pages in Kindles be the historic legacy of famous folks in
the future?
R. Balliot
http://oceanstatelibrarian.com