[Web4lib] Kindle lending

Phalbe Henriksen phenriksen at embarqmail.com
Tue Nov 9 18:11:52 EST 2010

And I looked at a "real" (as opposed to an "app") Nook last Thursday, and it
doesn't show a dog-eared page.

I wonder if the code for a small "dog-ear" is less cumbersome than any other
kind of "bookmark"? How about a thin vertical line with

written in it?

Or how about letting different people using the device put their own names
on it?

?

Does that take up more space than a dog-eared corner?

Phalbe Henriksen ~ adding new bracketed comment to original msg

Hmm,
The Ipad Kindle ap puts a little bookmark on the corner. I just thought to
look.
Melinda Harvey
_________________

Folks, I had to buy a new car, and it needed a smartphone to make
everything in the car be available to me, so I ditched my old trusty
flip phone and bought a Droid X. [And sorta regret it. My old flip phone did
everything I *needed* it to do -- make phone calls.]

I downloaded both Kindle's and Nook's apps, since we're working towards
circulating them in the library. Both machines show a bookmark as a
turned down corner of a page.

We librarians have been trying for over a hundred years to convince
people NOT to turn down those corners.

Does anyone see any reason why Amazon and Barnes & Noble chose a
librarian's anathema to mark a page? I plan to write them letters.

pH