[Web4lib] What do you know about LibDex?

HAZEL Margaret E Margaret.E.Hazel at ci.eugene.or.us
Mon Nov 8 13:03:24 EST 2010

LibDex.com purports to be a library website index, and is full of erroneous info, although it has our website address correct, and so it showed up in web hits to our site as a referral.  The address it lists for us is of an apartment building, and it lists us as being a bookmobile only.  Obviously, we can correct our info, but it's open to anyone to update, apparently, and it seems odd that it is a site registered to someone in Gibralter.   I suspect it is a way for spammers to get addresses of folks registering to update info.

Opinions?   Since someone found us this way, my impulse is to update the info, but...

-Margaret

Margaret Hazel
Virtual Branch & Innovative Tech Manager
Eugene Public Library
Eugene, OR
541-682-6015
margaret.e.hazel at ci.eugene.or.us