[Web4lib] Google Calendar & Displaying Today's Hours

Jason Kneip jkneip at aum.edu
Sat May 29 12:15:51 EDT 2010

I have been working with the Google Calendar API and the sample code provided in an extremely helpful article in Code4Lib (http://journal.code4lib.org/articles/46). One thing I'm trying to accomplish is to display "today's hours" on the home page of my library's website. This article outlines a procedure to extract the content of a Google Calendar, place it in a MySQL database, and use PHP to create a calendar page.

What I'd specifically like to achieve is what the Wallace Library at the Rochester Inst. of Technology has done on their home page (http://library.rit.edu/).

Thanks for any assistance & happy Memorial Day to all!

Jason Kneip
Library Webmaster
Auburn University at Montgomery