[Web4lib] Chicagoland Drupal Group

Mikael Jacobsen MJacobsen at skokielibrary.info
Thu May 13 16:15:21 EDT 2010

Apologies for crossposting.

When:  	 Monday, June 7, 2010 (9:30 AM - 12:00 PM)
<blocked::https://www.librarylearning.info/events/export/vCalendar.aspx?
whenID=13172&eventID=10290>
Where:
Glen Ellyn Public Library
<blocked::https://www.librarylearning.info/events/location.aspx?location
ID=764>  (In Person)
Cost:
Free

Join us for a discussion about content management systems. Learn from
brief presentations by veterans and share your own stories, issues, and
successes. Beginners welcome!

Drupal Views and Taxonomy at Wheaton College

Terry Huttenlock will present how the Wheaton College library built
their new web site using a variety of Drupal modules and created dynamic
content by harnessing the power of views and taxonomies.

But, I don't WANT to read the whole manual: Continuing-Ed Opportunities
with Drupal

You may be comfortable poring over the gazillion manuals on Drupal.org
(and we're not suggesting you shouldn't), but for those of us that don't
have the time or technological expertise to weed through the goobly-gook
and techno-jargon, the awesomeness of Drupal may be an enigma, or worse
still, a horrific nightmare.

Have no fear: Gwyneth Stupar, Reference and Web Services Librarian at
the Northbrook Public Library, will provide a tour of the many training
opportunities available, both FREE and paid, and her overall experience
learning Drupal, followed by a brief demo of the new northbrook.info
website.

Cheers,
Mikael "Mick" Jacobsen
Adult Services Librarian